E-governance starts with the individual official's e-lifestyle.
A while back, I mentioned techie Congressman Roilo Golez. Curious as to how tech-savvy he really is, I invited him to a party at the Makati Sports Club.
What I learned was interesting.
- Every day, he reads Philippine broadsheet sites before midnight, as the next day's news is posted. The tabloid sites update later, and he checks those at five AM.
- He's used up two 160GB removeable hard drives, and is now filling up a 250GB Iomega.
- He has the mobile numbers of 3,000 of his constituents on his Nokia 9500.
- He gets regular SMS alerts from the Philippine National Police and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
- He refers to the Web via WiFi during plenary sessions.
- He emails as fast as I do.
Inq7's Erwin Oliva was on hand to report more here.
Can't wait 'til he starts blogging.