Friday, September 01, 2006

The Long Tail by Chris Anderson

Read this brilliant and timely book if you want to get a look at the future of business. -- Dr. Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO, Google.

I sometimes discuss the Long Tail in my speeches (thank you Sacha). That's why I'm delighted my sister Michelle got me Chris Anderson's new book The Long Tail for my birthday.



Any business book that mentions anime fansubs by page three has got to rock. I am going to read the tail off this one.

Speaking of anime, the theme song for my birthday this year is Aya Hirano's Bouken Desho Desho?, from the virally smart anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Choice lyric: Doing what everyone else does is no fun. Only do the things you can truly experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it over the Labor Day weekend; it's great!

Mike Abundo said...

Isn't it? Every two pages gives you a "That makes so much sense!" moment.