Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PLDT Purgatory: Bizaare Math

My PLDT DSL connection costs PhP 3000 (around $ 60) per month. That's the price of their 2 Mbps package.

This morning, telemarketers kept trying to sell me an "upgrade" from 768 Kbps to 2 Mbps.

I checked with PLDT DSL cutomer service; in fact, I had to call and coordinate two different departments at two different numbers. Turns out I am on the 768 Kbps package, even if I'm paying for the 2 Mbps package. Broadband Reports confirms this.

Can someone please explain to me PLDT's bizaare mathematics?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, how long have you been subscribed to your 3k PhP plan? Maybe you were subscribed way back when the 768kbps package costs 3,000 php (like a friend of mine in school)...

Mike Abundo said...

How nice of them to offer an increased price for the same speed, then. That's how they reward customer loyalty.