Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yahoo! Messenger Beta

I'm now trying out the new Yahoo! Messenger Beta. Taking a cue from the integration between MSN Messenger and MSN Spaces, Yahoo! Messenger Beta now indicates updated Yahoo! 360° content. Among the other new features I like are one-click voice chat, a voice mailbox, custom ringtones, and drag-and-drop file transfer.

I can now invite chat buddies to Y!360° from the Y!M window. Since beta invitations are limited, I can't invite indiscriminately. If you're 18 or over, and really serious about evaluating Yahoo's integrated blogging and social networking application, drop me a line at Y!M ID mikeabundo.

So far, Yahoo's integrating messaging with blogging and social networking. Microsoft has yet to release a social networking app.

I wonder when Bill Gates will dip his fingers into friendships.

2 comments:

Janette Toral said...

Hey Mike! Thank you for the info on this one!

Brony Joe said...

He'll just buy Friendster, one of these days... unless someone's already beaten him to it.