Wednesday, March 15, 2006

RF Online Tracker Up, Seeds Low

Good news: Level Up's RF Online torrent tracker is finally up.

Bad news: I spot only eight sources. At this rate, it's a three-day download. And their Ragnarok torrent tracker is still down.

As I expected, their CTO Abet is pulling through on RF Online's P2P digital distribution. Now it's their marketing guys' turn. Remember that torrents work only when enough people seed them.

In old-school marketer terms: publicize the damn thing so it'll work better. Torrents aren't like traditional direct downloads; the more people use them, the better they work. Educate your market; torrents aren't as hard as you think. In fact, here's a simple guide to downloading files with BitTorrent.

I'd normally charge for this advice, but I want my damn RF Online!

No comments: