Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Octopus Effect

Filipino Friendster users have known about this for a while now, but it'll be official come Monday.

I checked out the site myself; it's actually very much attunded to Filipino idiosyncracies. It uses such colorful expressions as "hay naku! I forgot my password" ("oh my children! I forgot my password") and "post it na!" ("post it already!"). Think globally, act locally -- that's the way to go.

FYI, pusit is Filipino for "squid". Social networking is stretching its tentacles.
________________

Friendster invests in RP firm for online classified service
Posted 00:36am (Mla time) Mar 24, 2005
By Erwin Lemuel Oliva
INQ7.net


THE SOCIAL networking website Friendster has disclosed its partnership with a Filipino company in a new online classified service for the local Filipino community, a Friendster official told INQ7.net on Wednesday.

Joe Hurd, Friendster director for international business development, said in a telephone interview that the partnership is with a company called Pusit, which has been running an online classified service since last year.
_______________

Read on here.

No comments: